A few weeks ago I put a poll out on twitter asking if people wanted to see a review on an epilator and everyone that voted said yes so here it is!
I’d always wanted to try an epilator but they aren’t exactly the cheapest things but eventually I found one for a fairly good price. The epilator I ended up purchasing is the Braun Silk-Epil 5 Power 5780 Epilator, this product was originally £99.99 but I managed to find it for about £37 which I was over the moon about because that’s an incredibly price drop. This epilator has 40 close grip tweezers that can remove even the shortest of hairs and your legs feel so smooth afterwards, I just wanted to feel my legs all day.
This epilator also comes with seven attachments which are as follows:
- Shaver head and Trimmer cap
- Sensitive area cap
- Facial cap
- Massage cap
- Skin contact cap
- A cooling glove + Ice Pack
- Little cleaning brush
- Travel bag (I know its not an attachment but it still comes in the kit)
Now to talk about the actual epilator. The epilator has two speed settings and a light so that you can see exactly what hair you’ve removed and what hair you need to go back and tweeze out. Since using the epilator i’ve found that you need to hold it at an 90 degree angle and pull the skin super tight in order to get the best results as the epilator can get more of the hair meaning you have to go over the same spot less times. The best thing about an epilator is that you don’t have to do it everyday and the hair grows back in cycles so you only have to do small sections at a time. Overall the pain isn’t bad but it’s not great either, i’ve found it to be like 40 pinches over and over again but after you use it a few times it isn’t painful anymore.
I thought i’d give some tips that i’ve learnt/ been told since I started epilating.
- Shave a few days before you first use an epilator as that the hairs a a short length, the shorter the better.
- Swap legs or areas that your epilating so that the pain isn’t constantly in one area.
- Use an ice pack to cool the skin after you’ve done an area.
- Watch tv or listen to music listen doing it so that you don’t think about it too much.
- Take breaks if needed.
To by the product click here
Do you think you’ll ever use an epilator? let me know in the comments below!.